Poochie Pint-Sized Carrot Treats :
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese --shredded
• 1/4 cup margarine --half stick
• 1 drop red food coloring -- or more if needed
• 1 drop yellow food coloring -- or more if needed
• 1 jar baby food carrots
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 garlic powder
• 1/4 cup milk -- or more if needed
Melt cheese and margarine in a saucepan, stirring frequently. Take off heat. Stir in food dye, to make orange color. Add carrots, flour, and garlic powder. Stir until well blended. Add enough milk to form into a ball. Transfer to a mixing bowl and chill for one hour.
Roll dough on a lightly floured, flat surface to 1/4" thickness. Place on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with nonfat cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 -30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.