Alfalfa Hearts :
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 teaspoon bone meal -- optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lecithin --optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts -- chopped
- 1 cup brown rice -- cooked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
Combine flours, bone meal, yeast, lecithin, salt, garlic powder and alfalfa leaves. Add rice and oil. Combine well.
Add 1/4 cup water and mix well. Dough should be very easy to handle, not crumbly. Add more water if needed to achieve proper consistency.
Lightly flour board or counter and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2 inch cutter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Makes 3 dozen.