Vizsla Stew :
• 2 cups barley
• 1/2 cup wild rice
• 9 cups chicken broth
• 4 cups rabbits -- boned, *See Note
• 1/2 cup kale -- chopped fine
• 1/2 cup asparagus -- chopped fine
• 1/2 cup lima beans -- chopped fine
• 1/2 cup carrots -- chopped fine
• 1 cup potato -- chopped fine
• 4 cloves garlic -- chopped fine
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 1 cup yogurt, skim milk
In a large pot, place the bones and chicken broth. Bring to a rapid boil.
Add the long cooking Wild Rice and Barley, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. After 20 minutes and the rabbit, cook another 30 minutes.
Wash and chop the vegetables, place in a mixing bowl, add canola oil and yogurt, mix.
Allow Barley and Wild Rice to cool. Remove bones. Drain liquid if needed. Pour into the mixing bowl and mix well.
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers in portions in separate containers.
*Note: 2 rabbits, 4 to 6 pounds, bone the rabbit and cube to the size for your dog. Add the bones to the chicken broth.
Note: frozen vegetables may be used, run under cold water to defrost.