|Global Paw Forum Rules|
|This User Agreement (the "Agreement") describes the terms and conditions on which GlobalPaw.Com offers you to be a participant in the Global Paw Forums at GlobalPaw.Com. Registration to this forum is free, but we do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
Although the administrators and moderators of Global Paw Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of GlobalPaw.Com or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
As a member, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or that otherwise violate any laws.
The owner/moderators of GlobalPaw.Com have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. User names deemed unacceptable by the owner / moderators of Globalpaw.com may be removed without notice.
1. Rudeness to any of our members will not be tolerated. Difference of opinion is fine and is to be expected, but rude comments being exchanged will not be tolerated and will be promptly deleted.
2. Any post that has racial overtones will be deleted and that user who made the post will be warned and considered for removal.
3. This is a friendly site. We have male and female members of all ages. I expect that your participation on this forum will reflect this fact. Any usernames, posts, signatures and avatars that involve sexual, violent or vulgar language or content will be deleted, and the poster will receive a warning. It is the judgment call of the Administrators and Moderators as to what constitutes inappropriate, so if you are unsure whether or not your post or signature is appropriate or for a underage audience, do not post it.
4. The editors of this site may edit posts or signatures at any time for any reason.
5. Any post that is intentionally made to degrade or disrupt the flow of the thread and/or posts that (in the opinion of the moderating staff) are meant to be or are malicious in content will result in a warning. Trolls will promptly be removed.
6. Personal conflicts and grudges that have occurred among members outside of this site should stay that way. Keep it off the site. This is supposed to be a positive place for thoughts about our beloved dogs.
7. Any user of these boards including moderators will be permanently banned upon receiving three warnings (strikes) as determined from the collective moderation staff. We still maintain the right to ban anyone immediately, no questions asked.
8. Anything posted at GlobalPaw.Com is considered Global Paw' intellectual property, and may be used by Global Paw toward publishing derivative works such as tutorials, articles, technical documentation, or books. Unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing under separate contract, Global Paw is under no obligation to provide monetary or other compensation to providers of this content.
9. Free advertising is not permitted on these forums, NO EXCEPTIONS! Anything the GP staff deems as advertising will be promptly deleted. A user may not advertise through a post on the message board or through private messaging. If caught doing so, you may be banned immediately! Our advertisers pay for the right to sell their products and services here. Contact webmaster@GlobalPaw.Com for more information. The posting of links to other forums within general posts is not allowed.
10. Copyrighted material is ineligible for inclusion on our board unless the source is clearly stated and verified, preferably with a corresponding link to the original work.
11. A user cannot use any of our material, including custom styles, articles, our images and the board layout without the Senior Administrator's express permission.
12. Images in the signature are allowed but please keep them smaller than 500x200 pixels. If your signature is text-based, then please limit it to 4 lines maximum. This is to keep the board cleaner looking. Globalpaw allows for two links in your signature. These links can be two text links or one image link and one text link. Globalpaw reserves the right to remove any link we feel is not acceptable for or to this forum. If your signature doesn't conform to the guidelines, then it will be removed, and we'll leave a note in your signature to say why it's been removed.
13. You may upload your own avatar if you don't want to use one of ours. The maximum dimensions for avatars are 150x150 pixels and the maximum file size is 65 Kb.
14. Any image you post should not include anything that shouldn't be viewed by people under the age of 18. Nor should they include anything that is a reference to illegal activities. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know what sort of materials I'm referring to. The same goes for your avatar image. Please keep images as small as possible. Resize them in an image editor if needed.
15. Please try and post new threads in the appropriate forum. If we feel that you have posted a new thread in the wrong forum, we will move the thread to where it should be without notice.
16. We DO NOT tolerate spamming. By spamming, we mean the sort where someone starts 20 identical threads and hijacks other threads with silly comments. We don't mind a little everyday banter, but spamming the board is an entirely different matter. If we catch you spamming, we will place an outright ban on you. You have been warned. Don't even think about registering again with a different email address if this happens to you, we can see your IP address.
17. Multiple forum user accounts by the same person are forbidden. Should you ever wish to change your username, please contact one of the Administrators.
18. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, the venue shall be in Van Zandt County, Texas.
19. Links are allowed in threads and posts if they correspond or relate to the topic being discussed. Please do not create links which are blatant advertisements as they will be removed, and you will be given a warning. If you violate this rule twice you will be banned. Globalpaw reserves the right to remove any link we feel is not acceptable for or to this forum.
20. Due to the increasing number of puppy millers and backyard breeders throughout the United States as well as other countries there has been a large increase in the number of posts from distraught new puppy owners who have been “taken” by a miller or backyard breeder. Many who have gotten an ill or genetically unsound pup or have paid for a puppy only to come up empty handed when the so-called “kennel” fails to deliver.
With this increase also comes a liability to this forum when someone wishes to report something of this nature. Since we, the staff of Global Paw, are not only unable to verify the accusations being made but also not qualified to do so, we must discourage our members from posting this type of information and will no longer allow threads of this nature to remain. It is not our wish to discourage those who feel they have been wronged from reporting the information, in fact we encourage it. However, this information should be channeled through the proper agencies who can not only verify it but assist in doing something about it.
Members may still post information about puppy sales “gone bad” or deplorable conditions of a kennel or animal but that information must stay anonymous in nature, meaning that the kennel name(s), breeder name(s), email addresses as well as web site information can not be listed. This applies to all areas of the site except ROWR including but not limited to asking for opinions on someone's kennel. While the laws may be different from state to state or country to country below is a general list of contacts to report a Puppy Mill or Nuisance Breeder.
1. AKC (American Kennel Club) or Kennel registry affiliated with the breeder if known.
2. Local Humane Society
3. County Department of Health
4. State Department of Agriculture
5. Zoning Commission
6. Attorney General’s Office
7. County Auditor’s Office
8. National Breed Club and Rescue
Finally, the Global Paw Team reserves the right to change the terms of this User Agreement without any prior notice. Please check the user agreement often to update yourself of any changes that have been made. Please contact us if you have any questions.
|Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below or the search box above to find your way around.|
|The Blog system gives you your own personal space at Globalpaw.com Dog Forum. Depending on how the administrator has configured the blog, you will be able to create your own entries and control who may view them.|